Have you been advised to advertise on Facebook yet? What happened if you tried it?
I’m a member of a lot of Massage Therapist Facebook groups. It’s so interesting to hear the various experiences of Massage Therapy practitioners and how to promote their Massage Therapy business on Social Media. For some, they’re ecstatic. For others, they’re sad and scared. For others, discouraged.
Social Media is a big undertaking for a Massage & Bodywork practitioner who is more interested in helping someone with their personal Healing vs. being some sort of online celebrity. There are several different types of Social Media and the thought of using all the channels to promote a Massage Therapy practice is overwhelming.
Today, I’d like to share with you some general principles for how to promote your Massage Therapy business on Social Media. These principles are written in the form of do’s and don’ts.
They provide a broad overview but are still helpful. Especially if you feel overwhelmed. There are 4 do’s and 4 don’ts. Can you think of more? Let me know in the comments.
In general, make sure you are following these basic principles:
- Focus on one favorite Social Media Channel.
- Share a post consistently (how consistent is determined by you but remember, the more you put in, the more you get out of each channel).
- Engage with others. Comment and share other people’s posts. Reply to comments on your posts.
- Share your available sessions- occasionally.
- Look our sound desperate for clients.
- Rant about what upsets you (stay positive and professional).
- Share photos and videos without a description (Descriptions help tell a story and people will actually read them).
- Be too aggressive when you see an opportunity. (For example, seeing a post from someone about their calf cramps and then commenting about how you can help them. Try asking them a question so you can engage in conversation first.)
There are so many more do’s and don’ts, as well as specific strategies for each Social Media channel. What are you finding to work best for how to promote your Massage Therapy business on Social Media? Share your successes in the comments below.